Swear I'm not Paul: Live Recommendations: 27-29 June 2008

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Live Recommendations: 27-29 June 2008

Glastonbury is on this weekend. Any other year I'd be staying in glued to every BBC channel (and BBC interactive) watching live and delayed coverage from the stages other than the Pyramid Stage. This year Glasto has a great lineup (yes, even Jay-Z), but the act that stands out most for me is the beloved Neil Diamond. Yes, he's a guilty pleasure, but his most recent albums are fantastic. I never thought I'd see him at Glastonbury! There's plenty of Irish talent at the festival, Jape, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, Sinead O'Connor, and... Gilbert O'Sullivan!

If you do stay in to watch it on TV, acts I'd recommend checking out are The Raconteurs, John Mayer, Vampire Weekend, Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong, Neon Neon, Pete Doherty, Laura Marling, Glasvegas and The National.

If you do decide to go out, like me! There's plenty of brilliant (well two) artists playing in Dublin while everyone else is getting mucked to the eyeballs in Pilton, England. Morrissey plays the Royal Hospital Grounds on Saturday, and then Neil Young brings his brilliance to Malahide Castle on Sunday. I'll be there, give me a shout if you see me. (That's if you know what I look like!) The Frames are in support.

Tonight sees the Delorentos play with the Kinetics at The Academy. I've seen them both live, and I must say the wrong band are headlining. If you can, drop in just to see how great unknown punchy music should sound. I'll also be in attendance for the Saving J single release at Tower Records (just off Grafton Street), to see them 'Kick Off' a brilliant instore performance.

I'll be hoarse next week from all this gigging. Who says I don't half enjoy myself?

No comments: