Swear I'm not Paul: Download: Bell x1 - I Fought the Law

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Download: Bell x1 - I Fought the Law



While it's no Colin Farrell, Bell x1's cover of the Clash's seminal 'I Fought the Law' is a magnificent tribute. Recording as part of a four song appearance on the Daytrotter Sessions (America's version of the sadly missed Peel Sessions), they played three songs from new record Blue Lights on the Runway and this splendid cover.

Download:
Bell x1 - 'I Fought the Law'

Check out/Download the full show:
http://www.daytrotter.com/dt/bell-x1-words-of-the-elders-on-the-tongues-concert/20030443-3737745.html

5 comments:

Bitchlund said...

Oh, I'm really in to this.

Anonymous said...

Ever heard of Bobby Fuller ?

stewart said...

The Clash was a cover version, the original by the Crickets but it was first a hit by the Bobby Fuller Four

Unknown said...

Just an FYI:
"I Fought The Law" is not by The Clash. It was originally recorded by Sonny & The Cricketts (after Buddy Holly died), then was made most famous shortly thereafter by The Bobby Fuller Four.

Ronan said...

Thanks for the clarifications everyone. I actually hadn't heard the Bobby Fuller original, so I had to go and download it. Great tune!