Swear I'm not Paul: Watch: Pete Yorn - 'American Blues, Vol. 1'

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Watch: Pete Yorn - 'American Blues, Vol. 1'

I loved Pete Yorn's debut album Musicforthemorning after. If you haven't heard it, it's kind of in the same vein as Will Johnston (him of Centro-matic/South San Gabriel). His two follow-up records didn't have the same impact, but were worthy releases nonetheless. Therefore any new material he releases, I definitely want to hear.

Here's what Pete had to say about it himself.

I wrote American Blues Vol. 1. on the 4th of July after reading the morning paper. It's unlike any song I've ever written. I was moved by how much negativity I was reading about and how even groups were boycotting Independence Day because they were so disgusted with the state of our Nation. I was hoping things would improve...they obviously haven't yet...but I know they will in time. I sent the song to some friends and one of them (a really old friend of mine who is actually a huge reason I didn't give up on a musical career back in 1998) was really affected by the message. He always has had an unwavering faith in America and has always been able to laugh when times got tough. The video for American Blues Vol. 1 was made by this friend of mine. He is not a video-director...just a guy from New Jersey who wanted to put images to a song that hit home for him. He wanted me to share it.....so here is American Blues Vol. 1.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=44322343

No comments: