Swear I'm not Paul: Album News: U2 - Songs of Ascent

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Album News: U2 - Songs of Ascent

Will No Line on the Horizon be up for the Choice Music Prize in 2010? Somehow I doubt it. But what about Songs of Ascent? Never heard of it you say. Well you will, for that's the title of the second album U2 are set to release this year.

It's from the same recording sessions as No Line and is set to be more experimental. That can only be a good thing, right?

Bono claims "We're making a kind of heartbreaker, a meditative, reflective piece of work, but not indulgent. It will all have a clear mood, like Miles Davis album 'Kind Or Blue'. Or 'A Love Supreme' would be a point of reference, for the space it occupies in people's lives, which is to say, with that album, I almost take my shoes off to listen to it."

It's due in the Autumn. More news when I hear it.

No comments: