Swear I'm not Paul: List: Top 10 Irish Songs of 2009

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 18, 2009

List: Top 10 Irish Songs of 2009

I originally posted this on Nialler9's blog as part of his readers' poll for the best Irish albums and songs of the year. Well here's my top 10 Irish songs of 2009, complete with videos. Enjoy!


1. The Holy Roman Army – Stagger Gently Home


What a fantastic video, created by the kids at Drumphea National School in Co. Carlow. Plus the song itself is amazing.


2. David Geraghty – Tuesday’s Feet
(No video, not even a live one online)

3. 202s – Ease My Mind


4. Duckworth Lewis Method – Jiggery Pokery


5. The Holy Roman Army – Elegy

(Recorded by 2uibestow)

6. CODES – This is Goodbye


7. David Geraghty – Watch Her Win

(also recorded by 2uibestow)

8. Super Extra Bonus Party – Comets


9. The Chapters – Videotapes


10. I am Not Lefthanded – Everybody Sleeps

4 comments:

Peter N said...

Great to see a few of my video clips there! And also isn't the IANL video deadly! Love that tune too.

Ronan said...

Thanks for recording them. Without you there'd be huge gaps on youtube for Irish music. Good work. Do you just use a regular camera?

Martha said...

that IANL video is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Think I may have to get that Codes album. Thanks.