Swear I'm not Paul: Album News: Johnny Cash - American VI: Ain't No Grave

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Album News: Johnny Cash - American VI: Ain't No Grave



When Johnny Cash died, I was sad all day. Gill still makes fun of me for being so down. But it was sad. Johnny is a much missed musician. Great news however, is the fact that Rick Rubin is set to release the sixth and final part of his American Recordings series. The tracklist is extremely interesting, and includes some great covers. There's also some great guests, with the Avett Brothers appearing on the title track.

The album comes out on Cash's birthday, February 26th.

Tracklist:
* 1. Ain't No Grave (Gonna Hold This Body Down) (Claude Ely)
* 2. Redemption Day (Sheryl Crow)
* 3. For the Good Times (Kris Kristofferson)
* 4. First Corinthians 15:55
* 5. Where I'm Bound (Gibson)
* 6. A Satisfied Mind (Red Hayes/Jack Rhodes)
* 7. I Don't Hurt Anymore (Robertson/Rollins)
* 8. Cool Water (Bob Nolan)
* 9. Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream (Ed McCurdy)
* 10. Aloha Oe (Queen Lili'uokalan)
* 11. Can't Help But Wonder Where I'm Bound (Tom Paxton)

No comments: