Swear I'm not Paul: Album News: Peter Gabriel - Scratch My Back

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Album News: Peter Gabriel - Scratch My Back

Peter Gabriel always seems to have some sort of project on the go. This time it's a compilation of covers that will be his first proper album in seven years. What makes it special is the fact that everyone Gabriel covers here will be returning the favour and covering one of his tracks on the follow up to Scratch My Back, which is most likely going to be called I'll Scratch Yours. The album is due to be released on January 25th 2010.

Composer John Metcalfe tells the BBC that the album will be recorded acoustically, and that Gabriel will stick with orchestral instruments rather than drums or guitars. Says Metcalfe: "The songs are not simply covers. They are major reinterpretations of some famous stuff. It's quite radical ..."

Tracklist:
01 Heroes (David Bowie cover)
02 The Boy in the Bubble (Paul Simon cover)
03 Mirrorball (Elbow cover)
04 Flume (Bon Iver cover)
05 Listening Wind (Talking Heads cover)
06 The Power of the Heart (Lou Reed cover)
07 My Body Is a Cage (Arcade Fire cover)
08 The Book of Love (Magnetic Fields cover)
09 I Think It's Going to Rain Today (Randy Newman cover)
10 Après Moi (Regina Spektor cover)
11 Philadelphia (Neil Young cover)
12 Street Spirit (Radiohead cover)

Stream 'The Book of Love':

No comments: