Swear I'm not Paul: Album News: Pete Yorn - Self-titled

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Album News: Pete Yorn - Self-titled



Pete Yorn is set to release his fifth album on September 28th. It comes out on Vagrant and is self-titled. Biggest news of all is that it was produced by Frank Black (or Black Francis) of the Pixies.

Black had this to say of the record: "Pete told me he wanted to better define himself as an artist. I think he just wanted to rock out. But as we headed down a path of realization I stripped him down a whole bunch. We battled in the best sort of way. I tried to get the session into a fearless and raw place, and to his artistic credit Pete took his songwriting to a fearless and raw place. This listener will find his or herself sitting right next to Pete on the couch. And the record totally rocks out."

Tracklist:
1. Precious Stone
2. Rock Crowd
3. Velcro Shoes
4. Paradise Cove I
5. Badman
6. The Chase
7. Sans Fear
8. Always
9. Stronger than
10. Future Life
11. Wheels

No comments: