Swear I'm not Paul: News: Franz Nicolay leaves the Hold Steady

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

News: Franz Nicolay leaves the Hold Steady

Franz Nicolay has posted this message on his official website:

"You should know: I've left The Hold Steady. I told the band I'd be leaving in early September, played my last show with them in Minneapolis around Thanksgiving, and dotted the t's and crossed the i's this week. Five years seemed like a nice round number. Thanks to everyone who was a part of the experience, especially the Unified Scene, who are nice folks. I'll see you all soon in any case."

Where that leaves the next record, God knows, but the Hold Steady is not over. They'll still carry on, and probably find a replacement for live shows anyway, while Nicolay can focus on his own solo career.

Watch Franz Nicolay's own 'Jeff Penalty':

No comments: