Swear I'm not Paul: Album News: Phil Collins - Going Back

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Album News: Phil Collins - Going Back



My love of Genesis knows no bounds. I even own some of those solo albums from Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins. And I don't care what anyone says, but Collins has written and sang some damn fine pop and rock tunes. Thus I'm a little excited for his first release in 8 years (since 2002's disappointing Testify).

Going Back is set for release on September 13th, and will be a covers album of Motown and soul classics. Ahead of the album's release, Collins is to play four shows in June under the banner Up Close & Personal: Phil Collins Plays 60's Motown & Soul. He also said this of the album "You know, I mean, I started it for fun, really, and just chose all the Motown songs, the darker songs that I liked, the lesser known ones. And I ended up with about 40 of them and finished, I’ve actually finished about 29 of them."

This could be amazing. Could be terrible either, but hopefully not.

Tracklist:
1. Girl (Why You Wanna Make Me Blue)
2. Uptight (Everything’s Alright)
3. Blame It On The Sun
4. Never Dreamed You’d Leave In Summer
5. Heat Wave
6. In My Lonely Room
7. Jimmy Mack
8. Standing In The Shadows Of Love
9. Something About You
10. Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever
11. Papa Was a Rolling Stone
12. Some Of Your Loving
13. Talking About My Baby
14. Do I Love You?
15. Going To a Go-Go
16. Love Is Here
17. Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me a Little While)
18. Goin' Back

No comments: