Swear I'm not Paul: Best Albums of 2008: UCD University Observer

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Best Albums of 2008: UCD University Observer



The first of the Best of 2008 lists from our native shores (well, first that I've seen, let me know if there's any others) comes from UCD's University Observer newspaper, in its o-two section.

Anyhow, they only have a Top 3 albums for 2008, but still it's pretty interesting to see ones this early.

1. Sigur Rós - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust
2. Bloc Party - Intimacy
3. Jape - Ritual

Nice to see one of our Irish acts make it, but to see Bloc Party this high on any list might indicate the fact that the writer has failed to listen to many of 2008's more hyped records, Fleet Foxes, Vampire Weekend, TV on the Radio and the like. Maybe I'm wrong. I'd love to see that writer give their perspective.

Now if only I could get the PDF download on their site to work, I'd be able to find out the name of that person!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Completely my fault with some file permission errors there!

You can download page 20 (the offending) page of the o-two supplement here.