Swear I'm not Paul: Live: Feeder at the Ambassador

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Live: Feeder at the Ambassador

Micro Machines Turbo Tournament 96
More accustomed to playing balls-out outdoor summer rock (see Oxegen: every year since it was Witnness), Feeder will be going indoors for their next Irish appearance. They will be warming up the Ambassador Theatre on Thursday November 20th.

Tickets are on sale this Friday (1st of August - Jesus it's August already) from all the usual spots (tickets.ie, ticketmaster and the like), at a cost of €33.60.

While I'm on the subject, I might as well mention their latest album Silent Cry. I think it's their best since Echo Park. Comfort in Sound was not very consistent, and Pushing the Senses totally missed the mark for me. When I was a teen one of my favourite bands was Feeder. I think this occurred after seeing Grant Nicholas on some TV show (maybe early Never Mind the Buzzcocks), and hearing a clip of early singl 'Sweet 16'. Imagine my delight then when the song appeared in the original Gran Turismo on the Playstation. I played that game more than every other racing game, with the exception of Micro Machines 2 /Turbo '96. Remember those?

Anyhow, Feeder can still make good tunes, so their Ambassador gig may well be worth checking out.

No comments: