Swear I'm not Paul: Album News: Kele Okereke - The Boxer

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Album News: Kele Okereke - The Boxer



Kele Okereke is not taking Bloc Party's one-year-hiatus seriously. He's lined up a number of Irish dates, and will release his debut solo album on June 21st. He wasn't contented taking time out of music, so booked himself into a studio and the rest is history. He says "It was just me and an engineer. I plugged in synths that I had no idea what they would do. I began programming drum beats, which I had never done before. It was completely back to the drawing board. It was exciting and terrifying. In most cases I sat down, pulled a drum beat out of nowhere and arranged stuff around that. This was as exciting to me as the first time I picked up a guitar."

The album promises to be harsher and more physical (well, at least that's what Kele says). It's called The Boxer, and will be preceded by lead single 'Tenderoni' a week earlier (isn't that a Chromeo song though?)

Tracklist:
WALK TALL
ON THE LAM
TENDERONI
THE OTHER SIDE
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED
NEW RULES
UNHOLY THOUGHTS
RISE
ALL THE THINGS I COULD NEVER SAY
YESTERDAY'S GONE

Irish Tour dates:
Friday 14th May – Dolan’s Warehouse, Limerick
Saturday 15th May – Cyprus Avenue, Cork
Sunday 16th May – The Academy, Dublin
Monday 17th May – Spring & Airbrake, Belfast

No comments: