Swear I'm not Paul: Album News: The New Breed compilation

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Album News: The New Breed compilation

EMI - The New Breed

I got an email about this album the other day, and since I wasn't blogging at the time, I marked it as unread in order to come back to it. I should've came back before now, but you saw the weather over the weekend - we don't get that in Ireland too often. But what we do have in Ireland is some fantastic acts (you might have seen some in my countdown). Thus EMI has prepared a compilation album of some of the best, which will be released this Friday, April 16th, for Record Store Day. There's loads of acts that didn't make the cut on my list, so there's so much more to check out here (perhaps next year I'll do a top 100!)

EDIT: News has just dropped in my inbox that this album has been delayed. I'll post the new release date as soon as I have it.

CD ONE:
1. TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB - I CAN TALK
2. CODES - THIS IS GOODBYE.
3. DARK ROOM NOTES - LOVE LIKE NICOTINE.
4. MESSIAH J AND THE EXPERT - TURN THE MAGIC ON
5. OLIVER COLE - WHAT WILL YOU DO?
6. THE BLIZZARDS - FANTASY
7. FRED - RUNNING
8. THE LAUNDRY SHOP - HIGHS AND LOWS
9. DELORENTOS - STOP
10. HAM SANDWICH - ST. CHRISTOPHER
11. REPUBLIC OF LOOSE - COMEBACK GIRL
12. MICK FLANNERY - TOMORROW’S PAPER
13. THE CHAPTERS - VIDEOTAPES
14. THE MINUTES - UKRAINE
15. THE URGES - THE URGES THEME
16. THE REVELLIONS - AIN'T NO FOOL
17. CRAYONSMITH - LOST IN THE FOREST
18. THE JIMMY CAKE - JETTA’S PALACE
19. DECLAN O'ROURKE - GALILEO
20. JULIE FEENEY - MYTH
21. JERRY FISH & THE MUDBUG CLUB - BACK TO BEFORE


CD TWO:
1. LE GALAXIE - WE BLEED THE BLOOD OF ANDROIDS
2. THE AMBIENCE AFFAIR - DEVIL IN THE DETAIL
3. CATHY DAVEY - MOVING
4. HALVES - MEDALS
5. SUBPLOTS - POLTIS
6. HALFSET - WORK
7. STELLARSOUND FT PAULA FLYNN - LET'S DANCE
8. RÓISÍN MURPHY - OVERPOWERED
9. PATRICK KELLEHER - COAT TO WEAR
10. VYVIENNE LONG - THEY'RE NOT WAVING
11. LISA HANNIGAN - LILLE
12. NEW AMUSEMENT - LIGHTS GO DOWN
13. RARELY SEEN ABOVE GROUND - STICK TO YOUR LINE
14. AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR - THESE RIOTS ARE JUST BEGINNING
15. BATS - CREDULOUS! CREDULOUS!
16. ADEBISI SHANK - YOU ME
17. HEATHERS - REMEMBER WHEN
18. DAVID KITT - IT'S YOURS
19. VALERIE FRANCIS - SLOW DYNAMO
20. THE CORONAS - GRACE DON'T WAIT

No comments: