Swear I'm not Paul: Album News: Jonsi - Go

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Album News: Jonsi - Go

I already posted a link to 'Boy Lilikoi' from Jonsi's upcoming album Go. If you don't know, Jonsi is the frontman in the Icelandic band Sigur Rós, and this is his first proper solo album. It'll be released on March 22nd, 2010, and Jonsi's manager John Best said this about it:

"Everything about this record has a seat of the pants feel about it, its wildly shifted focus, the way nothing (including the album itself) had a title til about an hour before the news hit the blogs; the fact that as I type I still have no idea what is going to be on the cover; or that, even though Jonsi is currently on a plane to New York to master the record we've no clear idea of what order the songs are going to appear in, or even, in some cases, which versions of songs are going to be used. It's edge of the seat, it's exciting, it's infectious. I think we are beginning to sense that maybe Jonsi has created something super special here. More than that in fact, I think he has created something really special here. I'm not sure I've felt this excited about a project since the time I first heard Agaetis Byrjun, right back in 1999. Holy fuck. Are you ready?."

Tracklist:
Go Do
Animal Arithmetic
Tornado
Boy Lilikoi
Sinking Friendships
Kolnidur
Grow Till Tall
Around Us
Hengilas

You can also listen to some more samples here:
jonsi.com

No comments: