Swear I'm not Paul: Album News: Annie - Don't Stop

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Album News: Annie - Don't Stop

Annie Don't Stop Album Cover
Annie's brand-spanking new website is up and running at http://www.anniemusic.co.uk She has posted a nice little intro to get the site up and running and has this to say about her new single, 'I Know UR Girlfriend Hates Me':
"This was actually one of the first songs I wrote for this album. I had a period of time where I was listening a lot to Prince... and I had this idea about making a song where the drums and the guitar would be a little bit like 'Kiss'. Of course it ended being nothing like Prince...but that's where the inspiration came from. A bit snappy....and ruuuude:-)

"I'm not gonna tell the whole story about the lyrics, cuz I like to keep a little bit to the imagination of the listeners...but it's based on a true story. I have a friend of mine that is a very beautiful attractive, funny smart girl....she's always surrounded by loads of guys....but one of the guys had a girlfriend that was not too happy with the situation...and rang her door saying 'you better leave my boy alone girl......or I'll break you'...

"I've been going through something similar myself, so I thought, hmm.... seems to me like a lot of people relate to situations like that...... I'll write a song about it."

In other news, she has also announced a tracklisting for Don't Stop, due out in October:
01 My Love Is Better
02 I Know UR Girlfriend Hates Me
03 Sweet
04 Loco
05 Bad Times
06 I Can't Let Go
07 Marie Cherie
08 When the Night
09 Heaven and Hell
10 What Do You Want (The Breakfast Song)
11 Take You Home
12 Songs Remind Me of You

No comments: