Swear I'm not Paul: Album News: Of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.swearimnotpaul.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Album News: Of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping


After last year's stellar Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?, Of Montreal add another record to their already vasy discography with the release of Skeletal Lamping on October 7th. Expect an Irish release date of October 3rd so.

The band's frontman, Kevin Barnes had a lot to say about the record: "It is possible to view this album as one long composition, with lots of different movements, or just as a collection of pop songs. I wanted to make an album that was unpredictable and, at times, startling, yet always hummable and catchy. some of the transitions are intentionally awkward. I did this to keep the listener off guard and to dismantle people's perception of how an album is supposed to be constructed."

Sounds weird, right? Also sounds like it's going to be brilliant. And as for that album title: "His record is my attempt to bring all of my puzzling, contradicting, disturbing, humorous...fantasies, ruminations and observations to the surface, so that I can better dissect and understand their reason for being in my head. Hence the title, Skeletal Lamping. Lamping is the name of a rather dreadful hunting technique where, hunters go into the forest at night, flood an area in light, then shoot, or capture, the animals as they panic and run from their hiding places. This album is my attempt at doing this to my proverbial skeletons. I haven't yet decided if I should shoot or just capture them though."

No comments: